Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
Here are some recommend questions to ask your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
• Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
• Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
• Do I have a co-pay? If so, what is it?
• Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
• Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I am currently an in-network provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield, PreferredOne, and Medical Assistance insurance. For other insurance companies, there is an out-of-network option. FSA/HSA accounts or private pay may also be used to pay for services.
For all other medical plans with out-of-network benefits, clients are responsible for paying the full fee at the time of service. My practice will submit your claim to insurance and any reimbursements received will be forwarded back to you.
I understand that insurance benefits can be confusing; I am happy to help you navigate payment and reimbursement options if you choose to use insurance.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (including BluePlus)
- Metropolitan Health Plan and Hennepin Health
- MN Medical Assistance (“Straight MA”)
Out-of-Network (Direct billing provided)
- Medica employee or individual plans
- HealthPartners employee or individual plans
- UCare employee or individual plans (application pending for in-network)
- South Country Health Alliance (application pending for in-network)
NOT accepted—cannot bill
- Medicare (unless it is through a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan)
- Any Medcial Assistance or MinnesotaCare plan not delivered through “Straight MA” or BluePlus
(I can’t bill HP, UCare, Medica, etc for MHCP members)
*Special Note: TriCare (for Active and Retired military members and their families) is very difficult for my discipline (LPCC) to bill. If it does pay, sessions are often very limited in number. Please talk to me directly if you have Tricare insurance. We can discuss payment options or referrals.