Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
Here are some recommend questions to ask your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
• Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
• Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
• Do I have a co-pay? If so, what is it?
• Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
• Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
For medical plans with out-of-network benefits, coinsurance, or copays, clients are responsible for paying the full fee at the time of service.
I understand that insurance benefits can be confusing; I am happy to help you navigate payment and reimbursement options if you choose to use insurance.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (including BluePlus)
- Metropolitan Health Plan and Hennepin Health
- MN Medical Assistance (“Straight MA”)
Out-of-Network (Direct billing provided)
- HealthPartners* (employee or individual plans)
- Medica (employee or individual plans)
- South Country Health Alliance*
- UCare employee or individual plans*
*application pending for in-network.
- Medicare (unless it is through a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan)
- HealthPartners or Medica through Minnesota Health Care Plan (MHCP)
Self-pay / Cash Pay
- Cash, check, major credit/debit cards, HSA (Health Savings Account)/FSA cards.